If you have been injured in a public place or at a private premises then you may have a potential public liability claim

under the Civil Liability Act. In order to pursue such a claim you will need to prove that your accident was caused by the negligence of the owner or occupier of the property where your accident occurred.

Examples of public liability claims include:

1. Claims against shopping centres for accidents caused by slippery floors,

2. Claims against road authorities for accidents caused by faulty/dangerous footpaths and/or roads,

3. Claims against owners of rental properties for accidents caused by unsafe/dangerous properties.

Claims under the Civil Liability Act need to be commenced within three years of the date of the accident and costs recovered from the defendant are limited in cases where the compensation awarded is under $100,000.00.

Compensation is awarded as a lump sum and can include where applicable compensation for pain and suffering (general damages), past and future economic loss, past and future medical expenses, and past and future domestic assistance (care).

For any questions about Public Liability Claims contact Mark on (02) 42252677 or get in touch

Get in Touch

02 4225 2677

Ground Floor, 90 Market St. Wollongong NSW 2500
PO Box 678 Wollongong NSW 2520
DX 27822 Wollongong Court