Workers Compensation is a no fault scheme in NSW protecting all workers.

Therefore if you have been injured at work then you are entitled to compensation. The three main areas of compensation for injured workers are:

  1. Weekly payments for those totally or partially incapacitated;
  2. Medical expenses for treatment related to the work injury; and
  3. Lump sum compensation for permanent impairment (subject to threshold)

Injured workers also have potential common law (negligence) claims against their employers and/or other entities responsible for their work related accident (eg.a contract worker injured on a job site may be able to sue the head contractor). These claims generally need to be filed within three years of the date of the relevant accident.

If you have been injured at work or have a workers compensation claim and/or have received a letter from a workers compensation insurer either declining liability for your claim or making you an offer for lump sum compensation then you should contact Mark immediately.

Mark is an approved lawyer in the IRO scheme to act in workers compensation disputes and can apply for a grant of legal funding for a workers compensation claim or dispute to ensure you are not liable for any legal costs in respect to a workers compensation dispute. The grant of funding covers all legal costs and disbursements up to and including any dispute heard in the Personal Injury Commission (PIC).

For any questions about Work Injury Claims contact Mark on (02) 4225 2677 or get in touch.

Navigating the Legal System

There are many misconceptions when it comes to the legal system within New South Wales. Johnston Legal are here to help guide you and explain what you can expect when it comes to making a legal claim or representation.

Contact us to find out how we can help you.

Get in Touch