If you have been the victim of an assault then you are likely to be able to make a claim for compensation under the victims compensation scheme.

A claim can be made to the victims compensation scheme even in circumstances where the offender responsible for your injuries cannot be identified.

The victims compensation scheme provides limited compensation and reimbursement of medical expenses. It can also provide psychological/psychiatric counselling.

In addition, you may also have a valuable claim for common law damages against the person(s) and/or entity responsible for your injuries.

For victims of sexual assault, this can mean the possibility of pursuing a common law claim against an entity such as a school or religious institution many years after the event or events occurred, particularly if they occurred whilst you were a minor (ie under the age of 18). The time limit for commencing proceedings in court (generally three years from the event) can generally be extended in these circumstances.

Mark has acted in a number of these claims and understands the sensitivities required in handling such claims.

For any questions about Victims of Crime Claims contact Mark on (02) 42252677 or get in touch

Get in Touch

02 4225 2677

Ground Floor, 90 Market St. Wollongong NSW 2500
PO Box 678 Wollongong NSW 2520
DX 27822 Wollongong Court