Under the No Win - No Fee arrangement, if your claim is unsuccessful you may not need to pay any legal fees.
Johnston Legal offer No Win No Fee arrangements for all areas of compensation law including:
• Motor Vehicle Claims
• Workplace Claims
• Asbestos Claims
• Public Place Claims
• Medical Law Claims
• Superannuation and Insurance Claims
• Military Law Claims
• Comcare Claims
However in some cases, such as complex Medical Law claims, you may be required to contribute to the upfront cost of the initial investigative reports. We will assess and discuss with you any likely additional costs before you agree to be our client.
The No Win - No Fee arrangement is generally not available in non-compensation claim cases such as Insurance Law or Criminal Defence law.
We will set out the conditions for the arrangement in a written Fee and Retainer Agreement which you will need to sign before we start work on your claim.
The Fee and Retainer Agreement also sets out our obligations to you, the client, which in general terms are to:
• Work on your claim in a prompt, efficient and professional manner
• Regularly inform you of the progress of your claim
• Consult you before any special or unusual expense is incurred
• Advise you if and when our estimate of your legal costs changes substantially.
Under a No Win - No Fee arrangement we ask that you, in general:
• Tell us openly and honestly everything that is relevant to your claim and let us know of any material change in your circumstances that might impact on your claim
• Fully co-operate with us and do everything that we reasonably ask
• Accept and follow all reasonable advice that we give you. But, if there is a dispute about whether our advice is reasonable, we both agree to accept the opinion of an independent barrister agreed between us, or, if we cannot agree, one nominated by the law institute or society in your state
• Retain Johnston Legal as your lawyers until your claim is finalised.
Please send us an enquiry if you have any questions about the ‘No win no fee’ arrangement.